Thursday, October 25, 2007

The pinnacle of Mommy Guilt

I started feeling a little post-nasal drop cold thing on Tuesday afternoon. Yesterday, it was a full blown sneezefest.

This morning, Jackson woke up stuffy and sneezing.

Is there any greater guilt than knowing you got your child sick? I think not. I kind of want to use my recalled Infant's Tylenol Cold Drops. For now, I'm sticking with the Hyland's Sniffles and Sneezes tablets.

I feel terrible, and not just because I bought a box of tissues. (Puffs comes now infused with Vicks!) I made my baby sick.

Someone please kill me and put me out of my misery, please.

3 Responses:

Brandi said...

Poor thing! We just spent the last two weeks getting over the crud. Obviously don't do anything you're uncomfortable with, but I didn't even pay attention to that little recall. Bridget (almost-a-doctor) and Dr. Sears (already-a-doctor) both said the meds are fine. The problem is that people are giving their little ones the wrong dosage. They see "under 2 ask a doctor" and think, "eh, I don't want to. I'll just give them the 6-12 years dose." Dr Sears has a great resource page where he has most common meds dosed out by weight. Here's Doc Sears' take on i--https://www.askdrsears.com/news/headlines1007.asp

Coupon Chris said...

Poor guys, hope you feel better soon.

Just wait, this is nothing. Soon, he will get a little cold and 3 days later you will be so sick you want to die. The baby colds are the worst. Andrew has passed a few on to me that just knocked me flat.

You just happened to strike first. No need for guilt, just know he will repay you. ;)

The Mama said...

Don't feel terrible!!! Sickness happens, it's just life. If he didn't get it from you he'd get it from the kid at the playground or the kid at the grocery store or the kid at the doctors office or...... you get my drift!

I hope you both feel well soon.