Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Yum of the day: minted hot chocolate

To make:

Brew a cup of hot mint tea. I really like Bieglow Mint Medley, a blend of spearmint and peppermint. Any mint will do.

Add 1 serving of hot cocoa mix to mint tea, stir to blend. Top off with a swish of milk if desired. Sip and enjoy.

I look forward to the mercury dipping each year just to enjoy this warm mug o'goodness. It's not as yummy to me in the summertime.

In other, unrelated news, I learned last night why I hate coffee. It smells like skunks to me. Last night, a skunk sprayed down the street and I smelled it in my living room. I kept asking, "is that skunk, or are you making coffee?" I am SO back to being a tea drinker only! Well, maybe tea drinker "mainly". I hate to rule out the possibility of a hot caramel apple cider at Fourbucks.

2 Responses:

Brandi said...

Mmmm....that brings back Northland memories when we used to steep an orange spice or mint tea bag in a cup of hot chocolate...while being trapped in the dining hall and forced to eat dinner together. Good times...

felicia said...

Yep, my "recipe" is an offshoot of those chilly NBBC Sunday "Family" dinners. Over the years, I have found that brewing the tea first ends up tasting way better than adding the teabag to the cocoa. :) It's so cute that you remember that!