Tuesday, February 26, 2008

You say it's your birthday...

Celebrating You

for Jaylo.

I remember way back when,
About 4 years ago
I was trying to escape Chicago for LA
But was delayed for snow.

Stuck in O'Hare with a carry on and a phone
We talked for hours while my plane was delayed
Conversation came so easily
I almost wished I could have stayed.

A week later we met for dinner
Over sub-par mole, tequila and lime
You captured a piece of my heart *
My spirit woke up for the very first time.

I drove home feeling like I could fly,
All of a sudden life was fresh and new
You always draw out the best parts of me
So today I celebrate you.

You gave me permission
To reach for what I wanted
To demand better
To dream bigger than I ever had before.

You made me believe
That I was beautiful
That I was brilliant
That I was amazing and that I deserved more.

You let me cut loose in every way,
We did the Momo and drove the bus
I love that these words mean nothing
To anybody but us.

As I grew, I changed directions
I know that today isn't at all what we planned,
You're across the country and
I'm blissful with another man.

Yet you are the one who made me believe
That all my dreams can come true
And since today is the day you were born,
Today I celebrate you.


* this is some prime, high-end real estate, Pal. And once you become tenant, that studio apartment is yours for life. You can never be evicted. Happy Birthday. May this year be your best ever. I wish you every happiness life has to offer - you deserve it!

0 Responses: