Thursday, June 21, 2007

Cleanse

Tomorrow begins my great adventure into The Master Cleanse. I will be kicking off my adventure this evening with a cup of Traditional Medicinals Smooth Move Tea (yes, as in "smooth move, ex-lax").

In the morning I am to glug down my Saline Wash, which consists of 32 oz. of warm water with 2 tsp. of sea salt. This is supposed to help wash all the crap (literally) out of me. Then for the next 10 days minimum, I will consume 60 oz. of the Master Cleanse "lemonade" which is 2 T freshly squeezed lemon juice, 2 T of maple syrup in 10 oz. water with cayenne pepper to taste.

During the detox, you do the tea at night and/or the saline wash in the morning if you feel you need the extra elimination assistance. Coming off the fast, you do a day of juice then a day of broth then a day of fruits and veggies before going back to real food. I want to see how much toxic detox I can get out of my body, I think I would benefit more from our vegetarian diet if I started with a clean slate.

And while I work on cleaning out my guts, I'm going to try to really focus on cleansing in other ways. I'll probably do a TCA peel to work out some of this hyperpigmentation junk I've got going on. I would like to not "need" foundation. I also want to focus on getting our home organized. We have too many boxes lying around half packed. We had to dig through them to find something, but then never got around to unpacking them fully. I need to work on that. And lastly, I'm going to work on some heart cleansing. I still need to work on surrounding myself with more love and peace and less temper and anger.

So, that's what I love today. I love love, and I'm going to work on surrounding myself with more of it.

0 Responses: