Thursday, January 10, 2008

Love, on Its knees

In the back of my Bible, I was provided with some blank white pages. I don't know what they're for, I think they're just filler. In high school, I started using them as a place to jot down quotes that struck me in the heart. Some were from chapel sermons from high school and college. Others were thoughts that entered my mind during my devotions.

One of my scrawlings reads, "Intercession is love on its knees." I guess there's a book out there to that effect. I don't recall where I heard these words, I know I didn't read the book. But lately, I've been all about this love.

I've been all about this love when I pray for my friends Rob & Christina as the venture into the great unknown with their new ministry. I've been all about this love while I pray for Rob's mom and dad, as they deploy to the mission field, at an age most couples are retiring! I'm all about this love as I remember my friend Brandi and her precious unborn child that we can't wait to meet. And I'm all about this love when I pray for my brother Adan, who is trying to get his life back together and cobble back together the pieces of his fractured family as he tries so desperately to be a good father. I'm all about this love as I remember my friend Lisa, as she and Scott are rebuilding their relationship and strengthening their family after being devastated by hurt and betrayal. And I feel this love circulating back to me in return, when my nephew was hospitalized this past week and my friends remembered him in their prayers.

When I consider the amazing, transforming power of prayer (more than meets the eye, to be sure) it stuns me and quiets my heart...it all starts in quiet corners when we humbly bow and say, "Father, please..."

And then I watch, and am amazed. I watch as this swirling tornado of prayers lifts us all up and elevates each of us to be better tomorrow than we are today. It's so...WOW.

What a wonderful gift we are able to give one another with just a moment of our time. Thanks for your love, on its knees.

2 Responses:

Brandi said...

Wow. What a beautiful picture! Thank you for loving me on your knees--I can feel it daily! (((hugs)))

thejesusguy said...

Keep praying... just like that! And know that you are in our prayers as well. And yes, it would be amazing if God had in His plan for your family to join ours on this amazing adventure. His will be done!