Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Makin' my birthday list early...2008

It has just occurred to me that the one thing I have been longing for could possibly be given to me for my 34th birthday. What a fantastic way to wrap up my Christ Year!

My next birthday will be on November 4, 2008. (Mark your calendars). Everybody I know can pitch in and help give me what I want.

It will not cost you anything but your time.

You will be giving me what I want most desperately.

You will also experience benefits from giving me what I want.

To give me this amazing gift that will make me sooooo happy will require a bit of planning.

November 4th is Election Day. And I want Obama for President for my birthday.

Here's how to do it:

1) Register to vote. In many states, you must declare a party in order to vote for that party's candidate for the primary. (Oh, did I mention we're voting in the primaries too? That's part of the deal.) Illinois is one of those states. Oh, and I don't mean to pressure you, but you need to do this by January 8th. So let's step to it, shall we?

2) Barack the Vote! Ah, I love me a good pun. Anyway, please do go out and vote in the primaries. Sam, you get a vote too. Here's the map showing when everybody's primaries are. Everybody! To the polls! You have a birthday gift to give!

3) Now, one last appearance at the polls from you, for me, on my birthday. I'm counting on you to show up for the primaries. I'm confident if I get the five people who regularly read this blog to vote for Obama, that he will win the party nomination. So then on my birthday this year, all you have to do is vote for Obama again and then voila - my birthday wish has come true!

Please note that in the event that Obama doesn't win his party's nomination, I DO NOT want Hillary Clinton for President! She already got to be President, twice. No mas!

Now obviously you can't just blindly vote for a dude you don't know anything about just because I asked you to do so. Well, you could, but that would be quite dull of you and my friends are sharp as tacks. Here is a list of reasons why we're voting for Barack. Here's my biggest reason for voting for him: it's time for a huge, drastic change in how our country is run. For too long, our nation has been run by The Man. And by The Man, I mean the corporations who pay the politicians to get them in office, and then manipulate them like puppets to do their bidding. So while we have a government that was founded to be "by the people, for the people" in practice it is anything but. Barack Obama stands to change that. Barack Obama's campaign has been financed by...people just like you and me. Actually, me - I have given. But he is the first and only candidate to reject the usual methods of fundraising where you collect money from political action committees, lobbyists and corporations. Barack's donors are everyday people with an extra $25 to share with someone they believe in. This grassroots movement has set records. Obama has had more private donations from more individuals (500,000 of us!) than any other candidate in history.

In his February 10, 2007 speech in which he declared his candidacy Barack said, "In the face of impossible odds, people who love their country can change it."

Also, people who love me can give me what I want for my birthday. I'm just sayin'.


4 Responses:

Coupon Chris said...

It's not like you need to convince me. I voted for him as Senator and cannot wait to cast my vote for him in the primaries and the big show.

felicia said...

*gasp!* but he's a (airquotes) DEMOCRAT! ;)

The Mama said...

Oh darlin' I will most likely be giving you exactly what you want. I am pretty much sold on Mr. Obama, I am so excited to see where this goes!

Coupon Chris said...

I called my local elections office at the county to see what I need to do to vote in the primary. I was told that I don't have to declare on my voter registration, I get to choose when I go to vote. They will ask me which ballot I want.

Maybe they handle stuff different out in the boonies.

So it looks like I am set for Election Day.