Friday, March 07, 2008

The deals mamas make

We have struck a deal with a couple who go to the same church as us and are in our local AP group - we're going to trade off babysitting favors for each other so we can both enjoy couples night out every now and again. Their little guy is 9 mos or so and is scooting/crawling. Naturally, I'm concerned about having the floors super clean so he doesn't end up going home looking all yucky.

I call my friend to confirm what time they are dropping the baby off, and express my panic at how I'm struggling to clean while trying to keep Jackson down for his nap. I usually lay down with him and this helps him stay asleep. I said, "Well, I'm freaking out because I want the floor perfectly clean because Isaac is crawling." She says, "Oh, please don't make your floor perfectly clean because then mine has to be perfectly clean when we watch Jackson!"

Ha ha ha. It's a deal. ;)

0 Responses: