Wednesday, April 09, 2008

She bangs, she bangs...


I got a quick little haircut while on vacation. All I needed was a little trim to keep everything looking fresh, I wasn't changing my style. Or so I thought...

When she got to my bangs, the stylist asked me if I'm growing them out or if I wanted them trimmed. Ah, the eternal question that has never been answered. I grow them out, hate them, cut them back, grow them out...the cycle perpetuates on forever. I
said, I didn't know and asked what the "in" thing was with bangs? Are people wearing bangs? Are they going for a less bangy look? She said the in thing was long, sweepy bangs. I said, "I can rock long sweepy bangs. Do it." Ha ha. How cocky am I? *laughs at self*

It seems I actually CAN rock long sweepy bangs and furthermore, I rather like them. So then I decided to upgrade them by making them...purple. Well, according to the jar it's
"Ultra-Violet" and to me it looks like it should be called "Marge Simpson".

Behold, the Margification of my new long sweepy bangs:




Me, trying to look fierce because I feel tough with my new punk rock hair. Remind me to start saving up for Botox if I insist on taking pictures using this facial expression, though.



The overall effect of new cut and new bangs with fun swipe of new color:


And no, I could not resist the temptation to go all matchy-matchy with my eyeliner today. I'll try again tomorrow but my everyday color is a shade of pruney plum anyways...today is Styli-Style Line & Seal in Tanzanite and it's nearly an exact match with the hair! So fun!

I'm just dying for someone to walk up to me and say, "Dude, you have purple hair!" I will give them my best ORLY? face.




5 Responses:

The Mama said...

OMG, I love it!!! I have been wanting to do something like that with my hair forever but I don't know what do to. These curls make it hard to keep things organized sometimes and I would want the color to stay in it's place, not be a mess of colory poofiness.

I have to get my hair cut before I go to the Carolinas. Maybe some color is in order......you have inspired me. I'm a purple girl, wonder if we could figure that out!

Melanie said...

very hot. my husband can hook you up with some punk rock records to match your hair.

Coupon Chris said...

I LOVE that color and it works really well with your darker hair.

As much as I am not really a pink girl, I really want to do something with that screaming shade of hot pink. At one point in time, I had purple highlights. It was really cool and a little more subtle, but still purple.

Brandi said...

I LOVE IT!!!! I wish I could pull something like that off. The closest I've come is going Redkin Papaya red. Blond is getting boring. Now all you need are some knee-high lace-up Doc Martins!!

Lisa said...

I love it. That color is awesome.