Sunday, November 05, 2006

Happy Birthday to me from the National Football League

Last night over dinner I mused aloud to Tim, "maybe tomorrow the 49ers will win for me for my birthday!" He laughed and said "I wouldn't count on it."

And he's right. I've had a crappy season so far. I came into this week 2 and 5. I know my team sucks right now, but you can't always be the winners. Right now the Niners are in a building mode, working with a newer coach and a second year QB. I don't have much of an offense and my D is laughable. But still. I hoped. I wished. I dreamed.

I received. And as an added bonus, my game was televised in my area! So I got to watch my 6 point win over the Minnesota Vikings. Jackson was surprisingly calm as he lay in my arms, while I screamed at the TV.

The icing on my birthday gift-from-the-NFL-cake was a little local team loss. I'm not a Bears fan and ordinarily I'm not anti-Bears. But the Bears fans are out of control this year. They've had a good run lately, I'll give them that. But the second they start mentioning the "S" word, they jinx it. And they've started throwing the "S" word around like it's their destiny or birthright. They've gotten cocky and you all know that pride cometh before a fall. So it did my heart good to see the Dolphins take them down a notch.

I'll be honest. It just kind of stings a little to see all those darn happy Bears fans while I stay true blue and forever loyal to my crappy, losing team. So sandwich a Niners win with a Bears loss on a Birthday weekend...and I'm a happy camper indeed!

4 Responses:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your team winning. I am not into football, but know it was a big there here that the Dolphins beat the Bears.

The Mama said...

Well, we cheer for the Bears from out here in Chicago and we are not Broncos fans! Unfortunately we don't get to see many of their games televised. There are still a few weeks left for the Bears to get it together and make a run for it. We'll see I guess.

Glad the 49ers pulled it out for you though. Gotta love a team that will go the distance for one of their biggest fans!

The Mama said...

Haha, I mean out here in Denver we cheer for Chicago!! You knew what I ment!

samantha said...

GO BEARS!!! I KNOW YOU LOVE THE NINERS SO I WON'T GIVE YOU A HARD TIME!!! I'M GLAD THEY WON FOR YOU ON YOUR B-DAY!!!