Monday, January 15, 2007

Damn the Dutchess

So there I was, minding my own beeswax, folding baby laundry and stuffing microfiber liners into Jackson's FuzziBunz. I had my mp3 player on shuffle for some background music when Fergie, of Blackeyed Peas fame, made me cry. Her song "Finally" off her recent solo release (which I downloaded to workout to, as I try to get my body "vicious, I be up in the gym just workin' on my fitness") resonated with me.

Ever since I was a baby girl I had a dream
Cinderella theme
Crazy as it seems
Always knew that deep inside that there would come that day
But I would have to wait
Make so many mistakes
I couldn't comprehend
As I watched it unfold
This classic story told I left it in the cold
Walking through an open door that led me back to you
Each one unlocking more of the truth
I finally stopped tripping on my youth
I finally got lost inside of you
I finally know that I needed to grow
And finally my mate has met its soul

Finally
Now my destiny can begin
Though we'll have our differences
Something strange and new is happening
Finally
Now my life doesn't seem so bad
It's the best that I've ever had
Give my love to him
Finally

Yes, finally. It's here, I'm here, living the life I desired for so very long. And yes, it IS the best life I've ever had. I'm so thankful.

2 Responses:

Brandi said...

Praise God who brings such beauty from ashes! Enjoy His blessings created just for you :-)

The Mama said...

Awwww, I love how you love and how thankful you are for it!!