Thursday, August 30, 2007

Love Thursday Spectacularrrrrrrr: I Think. A Poem of Teen "Love".

For no reason today, the ode of undying love (ha!) that my high school boyfriend penned for me (allegedly, I would not be surprised if he didn't write it all) popped into my head today.

So in honor of Love Thursday, I shall share with you his epilogue of amore.

I Think

I think of you in the day,
When the sun is shining bright.
And I dream of you when I lie down
And fall asleep each night.

When I look at you, the earth stands still
My heart - it skips a beat.
I think you all day and night
And it makes my world complete.

I think you are a gift to me,
Sent from Heaven above.
I think that you're the greatest, and
I think that this is love.

--- Sir Jay T. Miller
a horny boy who thought this would get him some

The poem was presented to me written on a parchment scroll, which was tied with a red ribbon. He ceremoniously slipped off the ribbon, got down on one knee, read me the poem while gazing deep into my eyes and then pulled out a tiny little 1/4 carat diamond ring. It was like the Playskool version, My First Bling. It was a "promise ring", and the following week he left our little hamlet for college.

We ended up breaking up during his first break home from school. I distinctly remember taking his ring off and flinging it at his head in the middle of the woods. He was still paying it off, and it was lost for good. Boy, was he mad!

I don't remember what assholery shenanigans caused said diamond-flinging, but it must have been bad.

But I do remember his poem word for word.

I guess the pen is mightier than the sword. Or at least mightier than a small chip of diamond flung at your head.

And no, it didn't get him any. I know you're wondering. I'll bet that's what we were fighting about, come to think of it!

1 Responses (Leave a Comment):

The Mama said...

Hahahahhaha!

Promise rings.......man I remember when those were the bomb! Seems like everyone I know got one. I know I did. Actually I got two. From different guys. Seems to me like everyone broke their promises!

Biggest. Jewlery. Scam. Ever.

LOL, thanks for the chuckle!