Friday, September 01, 2006

I may say that I would punch every bee in the face, but really I run away from them in fear.

My near-death experience, and how my knight in shining armor saved me. A true story.


So last night was "Mom's Night Out" with our parenting group's moms, so I went...you know, always nice to make new friends and that. Anyways so that was OK. On my way home, I called the Hubster to ask him if he wanted/needed anything and he said "surprise me with a treat".

So I went to get him a banana split from our favorite ice cream place. While I was in the drive through waiting for his ice cream, I saw *gasp* a gigantic wasp on the gear shifter thingy. So I'm trapped in the Jeep, with the drive through window on my left and this gigantic stinging insect that I'm allergic to about 6 inches away from me. (WASPS IN A JEEP!) I still carry my epipen with me, but I have no idea if it's approved for use during pregnancy. I just assume that an injection of epipen would be better than, say...me DYING.

The ice cream boy comes to the window & he's all "our bananas are underripe and we can't use them, is there something else you want?" And...like I can think, I'm sitting there having a panic attack thinking "I am going to die in the ice cream store drive up of multiple stings. Gawwwww." So I tell Ice Cream Boy, "I don't know make me some random sundae thing with some kind of fruit in it, I have a wasp in my car & I'm deathly allergic. I'm gonna pull up to try to shoo it out of my car."

So I pull out to the back of the store, hop out & start shooing like a wussy girl, scared to death that I'm going to just anger it and get stung.

This other guy comes out of the ice cream store, says "Where is it?" and I showed him. He reached in WITH HIS HAND, smooshed it in between his fingers and threw it on the ground. JUST LIKE THAT.

It was the manliest thing I have ever seen a 17 year old boy do. Dear Nino of the Rolling Meadows Oberweis Ice Cream and Dairy Store: I am eternally indebted to you. You're my hero.

1 Responses (Leave a Comment):

Unknown said...

Thank goodness for the Oberwies boy. LOL One of the things I miss about Illinois is the Oberweis Ice Cream.