Sunday, September 24, 2006

A New Perspective

I've decided that I'm okay with having Jackson being born on Thursday. I'd much rather mark the date on my calendar as Jack's birthday than as anything else.

Since I choose to start making a lifetime of new, good memories to replace all those old, bad ones...this makes sense to me.

It's 11:00 pm on Sunday night, and I've just enjoyed my very last ever child-free weekend. It's an odd feeling. In four days, my son will be in my arms.

I'm supposed to rest and take it easy between now and then, but it's incredibly difficult. It's like waiting for the best Christmas of my life.

3 Responses:

The Mama said...

Oh my gosh, I can't wait to see pictures!!

Take it as easy as you can. Sleep. Eat. Go to a movie. Go out for dinner at a really nice expensive place you would never take a kid. Get a massage. Have sex (granted that can be a little tricky, but it could be the last time for quite awhile).

Holy crap, I just realized you need your sling, like now!!! I'll be off to the store tomorrow and have to priority mail it to you! E-mail me your snail mail!

Coupon Chris said...

I agree with Alice, treat yourself to all the things that you won't be doing for a while. Especially the sleep part.

Oh, and we will expect pictures. Including the obligatory, I am going to kill (insert husband's name here) for posting this one. The picture Justin posted of me right after the C is just lovely.

Unknown said...

Definitely do some pre-baby pampering. I can't wait to see the pictures.