Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Update: The new plan sucks monkey nuts too

So after sitting here all day long with the pitocin going, I have dilated and effaced...not at all. Dr. Y put in the cervadil a little while ago. It felt hard and scratchy going in. I don't recommend it at all.

I could have spent today at home and ended up with the same results! I'm pissed!

I wanted to do my nails today. I wanted to do my nails in the same color I wore on our wedding day for Jack's birth day. (All together now..."AWWWWW!") I was so disappointed to think that all those first pictures would be taken of me, holding Jackson, with a sad worn manicure. So when Tim went home to grab our bags and take the dogs to the kennel, I had him grab me my stuff. So, my nails are done now (in OPI Shanghai Shimmer, if you must know) and I am *now* officially ready to give birth. Well, my nails are ready. My cervix isn't. Priorities, you understand.

3 Responses:

Coupon Chris said...

Oh man, can I relate. I did the cervadil and the pitocin. The nurses told me it is rare that you would go through an entire bag of pitocin without any results. Wrong. They started the pitocin @ 9 am, by 6 pm I have not dilated, Andrew hasn;t dropped. I have been sooo uncomfortable all day long, that blood pressure cuff feels like it's cutting off my arm everytime it goes (probably because of the carpal tunnel) and they come in at 6 pm and tell me that I could go home, come back next week and do it all again. Are you kidding me????????

Although maybe I should have, then Andrew's birthday would be after Christmas. By that time, I was just so ready to get it over with. Wouldn't really have made much difference for me, though. Big head, no drop, etc.

Chris

The Mama said...

Oh Felicia, I'm sorry! You just have to remember that it is quite early and your poor cervix, well it's never done this before and it's probably very confused! It's never had to open up and let a big giant head through!

Pitocin never worked on me either. Well, it would work to 6cm, then not anymore, no matter how much they gave me and no matter if I had an epidural or not. I'm surprised they didn't give you the cervidil first though, that's weird.

Take care sweetie, it's been quite awhile since you posted, I'm all wondering if you're holding little Jack yet.

I hope so!!

Brandi said...

I'm sorry sweetie!! That's gotta suck! My doctor almost literally refused to do anything with me other than Cytotec--a VERY controversial prostaglandin--not FDA approved for cervical ripening. I stayed awake almost all night afraid my uterus was going to rupture! They finally had to give me a sleeping pill. And I was so swollen (had about 10lbs of water just in my face!!), the only thing I'd LET them take pictures of was my hands (with NO manicure ;-) )

Here's to hoping day two goes better for you!!