Thursday, March 22, 2007

Love Thursday

I adore Robyn, but why let her have all the fun? I shall institute Love Thursdays myself, and each week enumerate that which I am enamored with.

Today I love:

  • Oscillo. Felt a touch of the flu last night, took my Oscillo, am better this morning. Fantastical!
  • The Evenflo Triple Fun ExerSaucer. I have not seen Jackson play in other ExerSaucers, but I imagine he is having three times the amount of fun he would ordinarily have in one of the other ones. He loves playing and jumping and squealing with delight in his ExerSaucer. $120 well spent, IMHO! His little chunkalunk legs are getting strong from all the jumping AND Mommy gets to take a shower unencumbered. Hoorah!
  • Sunshine. It's about 75 out today, really sunny & bright. We're taking a little cruise up to Milwaukee for a milk run, and we'll enjoy the trip with the sunroof open!
  • Speaking of milk runs, I love my Donor Moms. They are truly some of the most amazing people I've been fortunate enough to meet. So giving, caring and selfless! We have a few donor mamas, and when I make Jack's bottles I sing "Baba Number 5". It goes to the tune of Mambo Number 5. My little Moose has grown into such a hearty little man thanks to this phenomenal group of ladies!
  • My latest obsession is making my own homemade non-toxic cleaning products. I have Freecycled away all the chemicals I was using and traded up to my own versions. If you're interested in doing the same, check out Karen Logan's Clean House Clean Planet for ideas and recipes. So far I've been delighted with everything I've concocted and I've found these homemade, safe versions work just as well or better as the national brands!


In other news, I did the old step on the scale holding baby, then step off and weigh myself and do math. A rough estimate of the Moose's weight using this method, 1 week away from his 6 month birthday:

21.5 lbs.

Holy cannoli!

We call him Moose for a reason, folks.

1 Responses (Leave a Comment):

Brandi said...

Wow!! Adriana is 15 months old and just now weighs 22 pounds!! Her cousin Zach is 4 months and is about 17 1/2--though he's chunking up for kidney surgery in the next couple of months.

And I TOTALLY agree with the exersaucer thing. That's the one that Adri has, and it too was my key to shower freedom. Of course now she can walk and won't stay in it. I can still take a shower by myself, but she periodically comes in and throws the shower curtain open to make sure I'm still in there.