Sunday, March 04, 2007

My Weekend Brunch Creation

Read that as "cree-a-shon". Like it has a little accent above the "n".

3 egg omelettes (I'm tired of typing "organic" this, "organic" that. So unless I say an ingredient is "conventional", assume it's organic.) filled with peeled & diced (dicing took all of 5 seconds, thanks to my new Williams Sonoma toy) pink lady apples and a healthy sliver of conventional brie cheese. Merciful heavens, it was orgasmic. It was a delightful blend of sweet and salty, with crisp and soft textures intermingled. I served sweet potato hash along side (diced sweet potatoes, apples and raisins tossed with 1 t extra light extra virgin olive oil and 1/2 t cinnamon. Place in 8 x 8 glass baking dish, cover with saran wrap, microwave on high for 6 minutes) and garnished the plates with a few blueberries. To drink we had Green Goodness Mimosas (Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness juice and my favorite champagne, Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label). How do you make good-for-you juice better? Make it boozy, of course!

The idea for this brunch came to me in a dream. I woke up and thought, "I am going to put APPLES and BRIE in eggs and it will be wonderful! So did that spinach and feta and tomato and olive on quinoa thing I made last week.

If this shit keeps up, and I keep getting awesome meal ideas in my sleep I may have to open a restaurant! I already have a name in mind, and a menu layout. I would have a raw menu, a vegan menu, an ovo-lacto menu and an omnivore menu. Everything would be organic and seasonally fresh, with menus that rotate according to what ingredients are in season. Don't laugh, you would totally go.

Chris, I would give you a coupon so you would go. Chris is the reigning Queen of Couponry. I am in awe of her couponing prowess.

3 Responses:

Coupon Chris said...

Sounds yummy. I would totally go to your restaurant, even without a coupon.

Although, I will be emailing you tomorrow after I do some recon. If the price is right, (and by that I mean dirt cheap) there may be some frozen veggies in our future.

The Mama said...

I would come to your restaurant too, although it wouldn't be too often since I kind of live far away!

Brandi said...

I bow down to you, oh organic foodie yoda! Alice and I will have to make plans to come to your restaurant together since we're both coming from the same place. Whoo hoo! ROAD TRIP!!!