Friday, March 02, 2007

My Milk Is Finally Coming In!

OK, well actually donor milk is coming in but I'll take what I can get. And before you go all "Ew, someone else's breast milk?!?!?!" on me, let me remind you that you drink the breast milk of another SPECIES. And sometimes you eat the breast milk of another species that is laden with a ton of living bacteria! For those of you eating yogurt while reading this, I apologize.

One of my dear friends asked if she could pump for us, and after getting her all set up with a pump and accessories, she was able to UPS Red us a box of frozen expressed milk. We're so thankful! Through the magic of the internets (you know, the network of tubes) I was able to find a donor mom who lives just over an hour away. She is gathering her blood work (to make sure all the milk is safe, I wouldn't take unchecked milk from someone I don't know) this week, and we're going to pick up some 700 oz. she has in a deep freeze at her house. Just to put that into perspective for you, that's nearly a month's worth of milk for us!

When I first gave Jackson a bottle of expressed breast milk (EBM) his eyes lit up like he just won the milk lottery. He got this happy, sated look on his face and his eyes rolled back into his head as if to say, "Oh yeah. Now THIS is the stuff!"

Yesterday he had a little sneezy baby cold and stuffy nose. Today, no sneeze, no stuffy nose. Last night, for the first night EVER he slept "through the night" in bed. 6 hours of sleep, straight. Then I gave him a bottle of EBM in bed and he took about 4 oz. then he slept another 3 hours. That's right, boys and girls. I got 9 HOURS OF SLEEP last night. I feel like a new woman! *happy dance*

1 Responses (Leave a Comment):

The Mama said...

I am so happy for you guys, I think it is just awesome!!