Monday, March 26, 2007

Movin' out

It has finally come time for Hubby and I to bid a fond farewell to our first place together. We have a lot of good memories in this apartment. We got engaged here. This is where it all began! But alas, we have far outgrown this 1200 square feet and it's time to move on up like the Jeffersons. So we're moving to Naperville, IL, a short 30 minute drive south of here. We're very excited about our new home - 1800 square feet, very well laid out to make the most use out of the space. Our doggies will finally have a yard of their own, and we have a pond both in front of and behind the house. Naperville was nominated as Money Magazine's #2 Best Place to Live in America, bested only by Fort Collins, CO. A huge bonus for us is that we'll be much closer to my cousins, which is awesome. I'd love little Jackson to grow up close to his cousin Christian, who is 1.

What sucks is that the whole world is turned upside down in the house. I have boxes everywhere, and we're doing a massive-assive pre-move purge to rid ourselves of all the crap we don't need but have been hanging on to for no apparent reason. Coupon Chris lent me her steamer and I'm having fun using that to steam clean the heck out of everything. I need me one of those toys, fo sho.

Teh Moose has his 6 mo. well baby visit on Wednesday, and it will be interesting to see how tall he is now. He's not very chubby, so that 21.5 pounds is evenly spread over a very tall frame! Although when Mom is 5'10" and Dad is 6'2", I think it's a genetic requirement to be tall. He looks about 30" or so to me, I'll have an official count later and of course I'll post it.

We went to the dog park this afternoon, and Bella and Katie ran their little tushies off. They are now passed out on the sofa. Tim just cleaned and treated the leather, so of course they think it's all soft and polished for their pleasure.

Oh, and I'm obsessed with the new Comcast commercial with the guy who got tiger stripe tattoos. I barely watch anything live, everything is on Tivo. I fast forward all the commercials, except the "Sorry, Roger. You tiger now!" one. LOVE that one.

1 Responses (Leave a Comment):

The Mama said...

Yay on moving, it will be so nice, won't it!!

Hopefully we'll be moving soon too. I hate moving but I can't wait to have a garage and a yard!!