Sunday, August 20, 2006

Frickin' frackin' nailpolish I won't have time for soon anyways...

So I finally figured out *how* to use that Seche Vite topcoat I thought I hated. You have to put it on WET polish. When used in this manner, the topcoat is great in that it dries super mega hellafast. And then it sucks in that my entire mani proceeds to chip in 3 days. Dammit. If you let your layers dry before doing the topcoat, the Seche Vite peels.

I was all excited because I thought I had found a way of doing my nails is 5 minutes. It's not that great a payoff when it only lasts a couple days though. It's not the base coat I've been using either...I've tried my OPI, the Seche Vite ridge filling base coat and Creative Stickey underneath. I'm going to try it with Stickey underneath an Essie nail polish and see how that goes. So far I've been trying the Urban Decay ones I got on sale (whee! I love a deal!) but UD is known for sucky wear time. That's like, their thing. (Why did I buy them? I wonder what UD's return policy is...)

By the time I master the long wearing/fast drying mani, the kid will be here and things like manicures will be a far off memory, I'm sure. In the meantime, let me obsess over the parts of my appearance that I do have control over whilst in the family way.

0 Responses: