Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Fussy like an overtired baby

Do you have a cure for snoring? Can you give it to my husband, PLEASE? Last night we got home from our Bradley class LATE...around 11:30ish. We wound down a bit & headed to bed. Tim proceeded to keep me awake with his chainsaw-like rumblings until well after 3:30 am. Between midnight and 3:30 am, I:

tried waking him up to get him to roll onto his side (he wouldn't budge)
tried sleeping on the couch (could still hear the snoring)
did relaxation exercises to try to fall asleep (could still hear him)
dropped some lavender and chamomile essential oils onto my pillow (could still hear him)
took a bath in my special super relaxy aromatherapy bath stuff (could still hear him)
microwaved a mug of milk and sipped it to try to get lulled to sleep (could STILL hear him)
pondered if "snores like a chainsaw" could be added to Illinois law as grounds for divorce (could still hear him)
laid in bed, silently fantasizing about straddling his chest and smothering him to death with my pillow (could still hear him)
sat at the foot of the bed, bawling my eyes out in frustration over not being able to sleep (could still hear him)

Until finally, sometime around 3:30 am, in a state of utter exhaustion, I collaspsed to sleep.

So three hours later, he wakes me up so I can make breakfast and take him to the train station. Like I do every day. And I can't even fathom waking up, I just lie in bed and weep, for I am so tired my tired is tired. My eyes are swollen and my sinuses clogged from my crying jag-induced 3 hours of sleep. But like a good soldier, I arose. I made pina colada smoothies (which fills up so many pregnancy nutrition requirements it's hard not to have them all day. They're dairy! They're protein! They're fruit!) and had Tim load the dogs in the back of the Jeep so I could drop them off at puppy playtime after I dropped him off...so I can come back home and sleep! I zombie-shuffled out to the car.

Hubby's at work and the pups are at doggie daycare. On my way home, I stopped at Walgreens to pick up a prescription and also grabbed some earplugs for me and some allegedly magical snore-stopping spray for him. And he WILL use it, or he will start sleeping in his car.

And now, boys and girls, I am going to drift off into sweet, sweet slumberland and wake up whenever my body says it's caught up. And I don't care if that's 2 pm. Homegirl needs some Z's.

1 Responses (Leave a Comment):

The Mama said...

Sweet dreams Felicia!! Getting sleep at the end of pregnancy is tough, especially with a snoring hubby!

Here's to hoping you don't wake up til 4pm!