Saturday, August 26, 2006

I dream of The Hoff

I blame the pregnancy hormones. The night before last, I had the weirdest dream of my life.

I was downtown Chicago in the theatre district. I had just seen Wicked.
I was with DH, but I wasn't married to him. We were just friends. My relationship status was actually I was still dating my ex husband, we hadn't moved in together yet or gotten married. So my dream was in the past, I guess. But Wicked wasn't around 10 years ago, was it?

Anywho, so I'm standing outside the theatre in a fur coat (I would NEVER wear fur IRL) and I make eye contact with a stranger on the street. And I'm all "David...Hasselhoff?" And he's all "Hey!!! How are you??? How have you been? And gives me this great big hug. So apparently, I knew David Hasselhoff in my dream. We were old pals.

So he invites me & DH that I'm not married to yet to come with him in his limo to find somewhere else to go hang out. He takes my left hand to kiss it, and notices a ring I have on. I have this sapphire & diamond ring on my left ring finger and he gives me this questioning eyebrows raised look. And I said, "No, it's just jewelry. No significance." So he kisses my hand and then draws me up close to him and makes out with me on the street while everyone else is waiting for us in the car. In my dream, David Hasselhoff is a FANTASTIC kisser.

We get in the limo and he has me all snug by his side and I'm thinking "I can't believe I just made out with Knight Rider!!" and I'm super psyched for this. And he nuzzles me and is all "Oh man, you smell great. What is that?" And I told him it was just my LUSH soap. And he says...get this...he says "Oh I always hear great reviews on LUSH stuff on the Bath & Body board at MUA." And I was all "Oh that's where I heard about it too." So he tells the driver that he wants to go to the LUSH store on Western to get some of my amazing-smelling soap. We got to the LUSH store, and they didn't have the soap because it was Limited Edition. So I promised I'd split whatever I had left with Knight Rider, and he was happy. And by this time, I had started calling him Knight Rider and he was all "Um, actually my character's name on that show was Michael Knight." And I was all "OK, whatever, KNIGHT RIDER." And he says "Are we going to have our first lover's quarrel?" And I said "I didn't know we were lovers." And he says, "Not...yet" and made out with me again.

Then we ditched everyone at the LUSH store, ran back to the limo to head to his hotel and I woke up.


The funniest part of my dream was that I kept telling myself how excited I was to be making out with Knight Rider the whole time I was with him. That, and everytime I looked at him I thought "his hair is so PUFFY!". But it was attractive to me, in my dream. And when we were talking, I was being my usual sarcastic self and kind of ripping on him underhandedly. He whispered sweet nothings into my ear like "I'm huge in Germany" to which I replied, "I'll bet you're huge in Asia too!"

What a whacked out dream. I'm so glad I woke up before fornicating with Knight Rider.

0 Responses: