Friday, October 20, 2006

Happy Frolic Friday



When I was pregnant, I ordered these Day Of The Week onesies for Jackson. At the time, I thought they were just a cute novelty. I had no idea how useful they would be!

You see, by dressing my child every morning, I am made aware of what day of the week it is. This is especially useful if you're a new mother whose brain has deteriorated into jello after each day runs into the next and it all becomes one big blur of dirty diapers and middle of the night feedings.

Thanks to Jack's Day of the Week onesies, I know that today is Frolic Friday. Tomorrow is Silly Saturday. Hooray, it's the weekend! When I put them away in his drawer after washing, I make sure to stack them in order so I always have the right day on top of the pile.

It hasn't happened yet, but I'm sure one day it will. My onesies will get mis-stacked and I will end up having the buzzkill of all buzzkills. I'll dress him up and celebrate

but it will really only be


You know it's going to happen and so do I. It's only a matter of time...

3 Responses:

The Mama said...

Those are so cute!!!

So, where are you going to frolic today? I am going to frolic to the park in just a few minutes. I didn't know I needed to frolic today, but now that I do I will be sure to take a moment and do so.

I like the word frolic.

Alice

Unknown said...

I love those onesies, they are adorable. Yes the screwing up of the days will happen, but hopefully it won't screw you up that bad. You'll have to post a pic of him in them.

Brandi said...

The same jello-brain happens when you're overseas. Especially when you're stil trying to keep up with things that are happening at home 7 hours behind you. Maybe I'll write the days of the week on my underwear. Oh wait! I have a baby with me. Maybe I'll write them on her. I hope I remember when to go to the airport...