Thursday, October 26, 2006

Too big, too fast. The past four weeks? I blinked, I missed it.


Quick, look at your calendar. Jackson is 4 weeks old today, can you believe it?

Neither can I.

Where did all that time go?

I got scammed out of his first week of life since he was in the NICU. So I've really only had 3 weeks of getting to know him. But still. Four weeks. FOUR WEEKS! He's nearly
a month old. He is getting too big for his "Newborn" sized onesies. He is starting to try to lift his head on his own, his Floppy Necked days are numbered. He hangs out with his eyes closed less and spends his awake time with his gorgeous eyes wide open, taking in the world. He listened and watched intently as I sang him Little Bunny Foo Foo yesterday complete with hand motions. He responds to me. When he cries, if I tell him "It's okay, Mommy's here" he settles down a little just at the sound of my voice.

I wish he would stay my tiny little Peanut forever.

He's getting too big, too fast. As each day melts into the next, time just speeds by us. Sometimes I hold him and think "I will never have this moment again" and it makes me so sad! His little face changes every day. As each day passes, his features become more defined and he becomes less of a generic "baby" and more
him.

Too big, too fast.


2 Responses:

The Mama said...

Man, those moments where I realize I won't ever have that exact hug and that exact sweetness again, they always bring tears to my eyes.

You are right, they do get big way too fast. And it goes so much faster the second time. I don't know why that is, but it's so true.

Coupon Chris said...

It all goes by so fast. Enjoy this time while you have it, it is special and magical. And while you may have more kids, you will never have these first baby moments again.

The second time goes faster because your attention is split. The first one gets all of your attention, the second gets half. It is sad, but it is just the way it is. Try to make those moments with them last.

Aw crap, you guys gotta stop making my cry at work.