Sunday, October 15, 2006

Jack is crack.

It must be hormones. What is it about holding this tiny person that relaxes every cell in my body? He melts me. When I snuggle him while feeding him, I just turn into a blob of happy jelly. It almost lulls me to sleep!

He makes me so ridiculously happy. Happy isn't even the word. Like I said, he's crack. I'm high on him. When I hold him, my heart just explodes with happies. I love him so much I want to inhale him.

Tim frequently needs a hit too. I tease him that he's a Baby Hog, when he's home he always wants to hold the baby. I'm like "Ummm...can I have my kid back now?" Unless a stinky diaper is involved, Daddy doesn't want to hand him over.

I still can't believe that this person came out of me. This tiny, perfect little person was inside of me. He shared my blood. It's the most amazing thing.

I made a person. We created life.

When I married my husband, I never imagined that I could love anyone as much as I love him. Tim's such a good person. I adore him and I'm so lucky to have him. As much as I love my husband, the love I feel for this tiny package of wonderfulness completely eclipses any feelings of affection I've ever known. "Love" isn't even an adequate word to define it.

I'm totally hooked on this little man.

3 Responses:

The Mama said...

Now this post is the balance of the post about the cape. See, no one told you how hard it would be and honestly there is no way to discribe it, the overwhelmingness of it all (I may have just invented a word). But the flip side is the love. It is just as overwhelming isn't it? And it's totally indescribable, just like everyone told you it would be. It's just so amazing! It's the thing that keeps us all sane.

Coupon Chris said...

The love is immense and blurs out all of the pain and suffering you go through to get there. Alice is right, there is just no way to effectively prepare you for the crazy ride that is your first child. There are always new challenges when you have more than one, but nothing as life changing as the first.

That feeling of immense love and bliss is what enables us to forget about all the aches and pains of pregnancy and birth and do it all again. Although, I am not sure if calling Jack crack is a good thing. We all know that Crack is Whack! ;)

Brandi said...

Ah yes...oxytocin. You gotta love it :-) Just wait until he can start throwing his arms excitedly around your neck and giving you open-mouth kisses on your nose--you'll melt all over again!!