Friday, October 06, 2006

What's my name again?

So, I have survived Jack's first week of life.

And when I say "survived" what I mean is that I am still alive (although I feel half dead) and I haven't killed anyone else.

What day is it? Isn't that Daylight Savings Time stuff supposed to change soon?

I am all sleepy and sore and out of touch with reality. I turned on CNN the other day and had to turn it off. School shootings and some congressman hitting on a teenage intern online. Ew. Maybe I didn't miss that much anyways.

I am so thankful. I am thankful to my husband who listens to me cry and tries to comfort me. I am thankful to him for trying to cook so I don't have to. I am thankful to him for being such a great Daddy.

I am thankful to my wonderful friends who have been there for me, who understand how I feel and talk me down from all this crap swirling around in my head. Because as much as I adore my husband, and as much as he tries to "get" me, there are some things that only a girlfriend can understand.

Time for me to go hold my baby, and slowly let my brain turn into soup some more. Being home with a new baby is exhausting, and it has turned my life upside down like never before. It's so incredibly crazy.

I've never been more miserable or more tired or more fulfilled or more content. I'm a walking dichotomy.

2 Responses:

Brandi said...

Don't I know that! There are still days I'm miserable and tired, but you'd have to kill me to make me give up my mommy-hood. Wait until he can throw his arms around you and squeeze your neck! One thing I'll recommend for you in about three months is finding a MOPS group (or something similar). Mine has been invaluable--especially during this latest round of clomid!

The Mama said...

I have said many times that some days survival is the ultimate goal. Anything beyond that is just bonus!!

Congratulations on surviving the first week. It does get easier, I promise! Well, until you add a second child that is. But you've got a lot of time for that one!!