Sunday, October 22, 2006

Let the Damn Near Anorexic Diet Begin!




Since I am sadly unable to nurse Jackson, I am attempting to make lemons out of lemonade. I can't diet while I'm nursing (at least not to the extreme that I have in the past) so I'm doing it now! Before we conceived, I had dropped about 40 lbs. by using Seattle Sutton's for 2 months and NutriSystem for 1 month. I was eating 1200 calories a day and hitting the gym for a couple of hours a day. I can't log the gym hours yet - have to stay home and take care of the bebe and plus I'm not yet cleared to go back to working out by my doctor. I still have a few weeks to heal from the c-section. But I can go back on the NutriSystem - which Tim and I are doing together (poor lamb gained some sympathy pounds during my pregnancy).

I decided to use the NutriSystem plan again because it's less expensive than Seattle Sutton's by far and it's super easy and convenient. It's become far too easy to send Tim out for take out for dinner every day and far too hard to find the time to grocery shop, meal plan and cook for us while we adjust to life with a newborn. Everything on NutriSystem is pre-packaged and shelf stable. You add milk, fruit and veggies every day to the meals. It's super easy and nearly impossible to screw up.

Soooo....here we go! Since starting the plan earlier this week, I've seen the scale drop by 4 pounds, and that's encouraging. Nothing compared to the 30 lbs. I lost in my week in the hospital...but still a great start. Stay tuned for updates...

And of course if you'd like to join me on my journey with some weight loss goals yourself, drop me a line. It's more fun to do with company along the way for encouragement!

4 Responses:

Coupon Chris said...

I am going to start the Weight watchers points system in November. Once the pumpkin farm is over. So count me in.

Unknown said...

Count me in. I started weight watchers points system a little while ago and am now 19.5 pounds lighter. I do still have about 68 more pounds to go, but hey it's a start. I am definitely all about encouragement, and since I need to be held accountable I will be emailing you more about what's happening.

Good luck with your weightloss.

Animatrixie said...

Ah! I can finally post to your blog! The first time you commented, the link to your blog was either broken or...I don't know what, but that's why I couldn't do it. :) Thanks for the super sweet comment on my Sakura post today. It's been a tough road since my mother and grandparents' death last year. I've been struggling with my faith and close to believing that humanity is God's little joke on the world, ya know? It's not been the best of times, spiritually, to say the least. Still, things feel much more under control now than they had been toward the end of last year and the first few months of this one. That's right, I remember you came to SCS a year later! It was a pretty crappy way to start my highschool career off and I think ended up ultimately embarassing me to the point where it kind of colored my entire experience there. Kind of casting a shadow over me from that point on. The teen years are tough, aren't they??? Hey, it'd be great to hang out a bit when I'm in town, if you've got the time! Are you still in Streamwood? Maybe we can meet at a Baker's Square or something (eh...I know you're talking about dieting, heh, I am too, but this trip is going to be strictly comfort food!...Must have pieeeee... ;) All we've got out here is Marie Callendar's, and that doesn't hold up by any stretch of the imagination to good ol' midwestern foodage! ). I'll be in town from this coming Thursday to Monday afternoon. Let me know when's good for you and I'll see what time I can free up! Things are filling up faster than I'm comfortable with all of the sudden with this trip, but we'll figure something out. :)

The Mama said...

Well....I suppose you should count me in to. It's Monday, a great day to start, right? I had great ambitions of weight loss the end of August, then we went to Chicago, and then I hurt my ankle, and I really haven't kept on things at all. I have a gym membership that is rotting and I should lose about 60 pounds total to get back to my pre-baby single chick hot body!! So stay on top of me, please!!! Maybe we should start a weight loss blog where we can all encourage eachother and do weigh ins or something. I really need accountability. I am the worst dieter/exerciser ever!!