Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I'm running for President.

OK, not really but doesn't it seem like everybody and their brother is? The ticket is getting a whole lot a bit crowded, especially on the Democrat side.

I for one am especially thankful that there are so many viable candidates who are excited about and committed to changing our world. That's a really great thing! But with so many of them all lunging towards the same position...wouldn't it make more sense to have them team up? They all want to do good, and lead our country to change. That's awesome. I don't even think the staunchest Republican could say that we don't need a change. But this is turning into a situation where too many cooks are going to spoil the pot. America is so desperate for an immediate panacea to her woes that almost anybody can sway her affections. And with so many suitors, we fall in love every day!

As an Illinois constituent, I love Barack Obama. I don't care if he smokes. What I care about is that he has been a Senator for all of 2, going on 3 years. Now I firmly believe in living green, but a Senator with 3 years of experience is a little too green for me. Green in the bad way. He is lovely, he is eloquent, he is a great balance of conservative ideology and democratic leadership. He is dynamic. It's hard to not love him. But he's too new! I wouldn't want a third year Senator running the country the same way I wouldn't want a third year resident performing my open heart surgery. There is a tiny part of me that thinks that Obama not being at the dance for very long is a good thing, he hasn't had years and years of political corruption coursing through his veins. But for the job of Leader of the Free World, I think we need someone with a little more experience under his (or her) belt. That's why if I made up the Democratic ticket (in my imaginary world where there is no primary, I just pick it) I would have an Edwards/Obama Prez/VP matchup. But do you think that would be too many dynamic men in one White House? Maybe they'd spontaneously combust.

You know who else needs to humble themselves and go for VP? Wes Clark. Let Hills shoot for the moon, with Clark by her side. Former First Lady + Retired Army General = Presidential Gold. Although, in my opinion, Hillary already got to be President. For two terms! ;)

I wish someone would put a little bit of chlorine into the candidate pool. But until they do...this will be an interesting race to watch fo sho. And if Edwards does take the Primary, this registered Republican will gladly volunteer to work the Republicans for Edwards campaign in Chicago, just as I worked on the Republicans for Kerry campaign.

This political rant has been fueled by 2 cans of Enviga. Holy cow, that's a lotta caffeine in one tiny can.

0 Responses: