Saturday, February 17, 2007

Tofu. It's what's for dinner

Operation Bean Curd was a huge success!

I drained and pan fried Nasoya Garlic and Onion flavored firm tofu with some chopped onion and garlic in a bit of olive oil. I seasoned with oregano, basil, Emeril's Essence, a generous grinding of black pepper and a pinch of salt. I added a jar of Whole Foods 365 Organic Basil pasta sauce, and simmered that together for a spell. I served my tofu and sauce over a bed of freshly baked spaghetti squash, and it was delightful.

While dinner was cooking, I had a batch of organic brown rice going in my rice cooker. I added the leftover tofu/sauce concoction to 2 cups of cooked rice, stirred that up and put it in the fridge. It will make lovely stuffed peppers on Monday night after my mini High School reunion!!!

Tomorrow we're having salad and leftover veggie pizza (from Friday night's weekly Peepa and a Movie ritual) for dinner and Tuesday is Boca Burgers. Wednesday I will try my hand again at cooking tofu when I make a Chinese stir fry with Nasoya's Chinese Spice Seasoned Firm Tofu, frozen organic Chinese stir fry veggies served on a bed of the rest of the leftover rice that I cooked tonight. I'm very excited that basically I don't have to do any real intense "cooking" until Thursday, everything else is very easy throw-together stuff.

1 Responses (Leave a Comment):

Brandi said...

OH MAN! That sounds wonderful!! I wish I could get Ben to eat that. I managed to sneak some soft tofu into a lasagna once. I put oregano in it and passed it off as ricotta. He has to WATCH me make my lasagna now. *sigh*