Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Holy Grail

I have been on the prowl for an earth-friendly automatic dishwasher detergent that works. The key words there are "that works". A lot of the "green" detergents don't clean very well or leave a skunky residue (and it doesn't matter if you use rinse aid, either!).

I was getting really frustrated, until I met Ecover Automatic Dishwashing Tablets. They actually cleaned BETTER than my old Cascade powder! Consumer Reports has even tested them all side by side and they agree. Unfortunately, I ended up trying every single other "green" dishwasher detergent on the market before finding this little gem. I was getting so angry, because I was having to wash a lot of stuff twice. And really, how ecological is it to waste all that water washing things two times?

I love, love, love! this stuff. I will not be going back to Cascade again! Suck it, phosphates!

2 Responses:

mindful mama said...

Great minds think alike--I just ordered like almost every Ecover product in existence. Ok, maybe just the automatic dishwashing powder, the stain remover, and laundry soap. I was all excited about the dishwashing powder cuz I've used all the green eco-friendly brands too and they work ok, but not spectacularly or anything. I do use Earth Friendly Products Wave Jet rinse aid which helps. So I was all excited to get the dishwashing powder in the mail and what did they send me by mistake? FABRIC SOFTENER. GRR. Now I have to call drugstore.com and figure this thing out. I hate fabric softener. I want the dishwashing powder! You are using the tablets--have you tried the powder? I assume you're using one tablet per load with 25 tablets per box? The powder is 48 oz. I'm thinking that's a better deal packaging and money wise. If you happen to try the powder, let me know!

The Mama said...

Awesome!! Thanks for the tip!! We have also tried everything, up to and including baking soda and vinegar. Nothing has worked well. At all! So I am going to look for this stuff and give it a go!!