Monday, July 23, 2007

SPECIAL EDITION: Love MONDAY!!!!

I just got my co-op order, and I am soooo delighted in my haul.

1) Seventh Generation unbleached, 100% recycled, min. 80% PCW paper products. For those not in the know, PCW is Post Consumer Waste. Here's the problem - we all put our excess paper in the recycling like good citizens. Then it goes to the recyclery. However, manufacturers typically use virgin wood/paper before they would recycled so then our recycled paper that we did the right thing by sorting and recycling ends up being....WASTE! This is the ugly side of recycling that nobody talks about. What can you do about it? Switch to products that use recycled paper, specifically PCW paper. Yes, it's a wee bit more expensive but it's one of those things that I pony up the pennies for based on principle. It's a tiny thing we can all do to make a difference in the world we are leaving our babies. If not you, who?

2) Honeybee Gardens Water-Based Nail Enamel. I can now paint my piggies in the same room as Jackson. It doesn't smell, goes on smooth, dries quick as a wink and removes with rubbing alcohol. No stinky nail polish remover required either. (In Orbit Gum Girl Voice) Fabulous!

3) Rescue Remedy. I gave 2 drops to the Moose today during his mid-morning meltdown. It was like diffusing a ticking baby bomb. He went from 100 to 0 in 60 seconds. (Orbit Gum Girl Voice again) Fabulous!

4) gDiapers! I didn't get these through my co-op, but oh how I wish I could! I instead got a free sneak-peek sample at the redesigned pants and oh me oh my am I head over heels in LOVE with them!!!! The old pants leaked on Jackson, and I posted them for sale on the gDiapers Yahoo! Group. The actual owner/founder of gDiapers emailed me privately apologizing for the difficulties I was having with her product, and offered to let me test prototypes of the upcoming improved version. I was ticked at the problems I was having, but absolutely TICKLED that a company would take my needs seriously. A few versions and several months later, the new design is here and I give it phat mad props all around! Super comfy leg gussets, super soft and stretchy waistband, softer and more breathable cover, better snap in liner, sweet new color palette, even a cute new print on the inside of the cover! I LOVE THEM! I had the opportunity to meet the founder of gDiapers that I had been corresponding with via email, Kim, on Saturday at the LaLeche League International Conference. It was a big warm fuzzy to see the person behind the product. Kim says they are now working on the release of an updated flushable insert design - just when I didn't think gDiapers could get any better. I am happier than a clam to finally bid my occasional use of Pampers adieu in favor of a more eco-friendly product. (Orbit Girl Voice) FABULOUS!

0 Responses: