Monday, July 16, 2007

In the Army Now!



Or at least, that's what I thought I wanted. And then today happened. Today he took his first unassisted step. I should have done a pool to bet which he would do first - walk or crawl. He still isn't "crawling" yet, but tonight he perfected the army crawl. He started at my feet on the sofa and he's in the front hall (within eyesight) right now. He's been toying with the idea of crawling for a couple of months now. He just decided that today was the day!

It's very exciting, because the "I want to crawlllllllll! (insert wail here)" frustration is now over. For him, the frustration is over anyways. Tomorrow morning it's off to Babies R Us for cabinet latches, baby knob protectors, and outlet covers. And probably a baby jail.

Just as his frustration ends, mine will begin. I've seen how crazy it can be to chase and contain a BOTM (Baby On The Move), and I am TERRIFIED!

1 Responses (Leave a Comment):

The Mama said...

Just babyproof, put everything up high, and let him explore. It's so fun to watch them play and learn!!! I've become quite a minimalist since having kids. We have barely anything down at kid level anymore, but that way they can roam the house and I don't have to worry they are getting into stuff they shouldn't. Now going to other peoples house is another matter sometimes.........