Thursday, July 19, 2007

Love Thursday

Well boys and girls, it's that time again. Here's what I'm loving this week:

1) Our church's Wednesday night Believer's Life Enrichment Classes. We just started a series on marriage-building and so far we've gotten a lot out of it! It makes me really happy, considering that we have an awesome marriage to begin with. I didn't think we needed much improvement, but I'm all for investing in a solid foundation for our family's future.

2) My new bag. It's my Fall/Winter bag, but I swapped out bags so I could wash the Spring/Summer bag. Now the Spring/Summer bag is drying and I am having a hard time switching back. Oh me, oh my. I love the pocketude of the Vera Bradley Miller Bag. So. Freaking. Awesome.

3) My new SHOES! I have officially decided to invest in myself and start the Couch to 5k plan on Cool Running. So I jetted to Dick Pond's yesterday to be professionally fitted for appropriate gear. My head is still reeling over taking a SIZE 10! in running shoes, but they fit and they're SOOOOOO comfortable. I got these and they feel so good I want to wear them all the time. That's my incentive to get out and go though - I only let myself wear them when I'm going for my walk.

4) Glass and stainless steel. I am trying to phase out plastics at the Powers House, and step 1 is bottles, sippy cups, and drink carafes. This week I bought Jackson 2 sets of Evenflo glass bottles. I ordered us a bunch of Klean Kanteen bottles and sippys through a local vendor recently, and we just picked up a new glass pitcher for the fridge. Here's a very informative article that will explain the "why" to you.

5) Celestial Seasonings Vanilla Apple White Organic Tea. We drink A LOT of tea in this house, most of it iced greens and whites. We recently decided to go organic with our teas. I mean, we eat 90% organic anyways! Since tea is just the dried plant leaves, they seem like they'd be especially prone to high levels of whatever is used for pesticides. It's not that much more expensive than conventional teas, and this particular flavor is REALLY yummy. I just made up a pitcher (in the new glass pitcher) and sweetened it with stevia. It's chilling in the fridge for tomorrow - yum!

So...what are you lovin' today?

0 Responses: