Monday, April 02, 2007

The Grown Up Sippy Cup

This may come as a shock to my nearest and dearest friends who read my blog, but I have given in to a full-fledged coffee addiction. Yup. Motherhood has turned me to the dark side.

When embarking on my new caffeine-fueled adventure, I did some online research as to what coffee maker would produce the most flavorful, least bitter coffee. I ended up selecting a Bodum Chambord French Press. I especially like the simplicity of this little gadget. I also like that I can use the hot water directly out of my water cooler's tap to make coffee. Very little wait time = GOOD.

I carefully selected some freshly roasted Kona beans and had them shipped to me. I was set!

Each morning, my little ritual is to go make my coffee, and while it's brewing I change and dress Jackson then I push the plunger and my morning cup is ready. Yay! But then baby cries, or the dogs need to go out, or the laundry needs to be folded, or the dishes need to be done and....2 hours later when I actually get to finish my cup, it's gone cold.

Now I like an iced latte as much as the next person, but this was a disheartening experience morning after morning. Until my friend Christy told me about the OXO Good Grips LiquiSeal Travel Mug. It's an insulated cup that has a little click-valve that when shut, is air and liquid tight! Now I have a set of green cups and I love them so much.

The OXO Good Grips LiquiSeal Travel Mug is available at Bed Bath & Beyond in a stainless steel finish, or order online for colors. Happy sipping!

2 Responses:

Coupon Chris said...

Ohhh. Those sound very nice. I have like 6 BB&B coupons floating around. Maybe I will use some on this and the Kiva bags.

Unknown said...

I love those mugs. I look at them every time we go to BB&B. Congrats.