Saturday, April 21, 2007

Moving am t3h su><0r

We're mid move from old apartment to new house, and I'm taking a 10 minute break to chillax. This sucks. It's really hard to move with a baby. Jackson was AWESOME yesterday, which is really something for a baby who is teething. He was very mellow and easy going, which was great because if he was all high maintenance I may have lost it. We took the pups to the new house yesterday, and they LOVE it. They don't know how to walk on the wood floors & keep wiping out, it's really kind of funny. They love their new yard and only misbehaved once when they made a break for it out the front door and down the road. I caught up with them, but I was pretty freaked out because we live pretty close to a main road and they don't have a sense of which way home is in the new house. Around midnight, we all collapsed, exhausted, into our makeshift family bed made up of air mattresses crammed together in the master bedroom. Halfway through the night, Bella decided she wanted to snuggle in with us too, so she crammed her flabby labby self in there too. Katie, ever the good girl, snoozed at the foot of the bed right by baby. She sticks to her baby like glue! :)

My kitchen is almost packed with the exception of 1 cupboard. We're making progress. I'm kind of glad we have a whole week to do it but I'm really hoping we don't need a whole week! My friend Christy is watching Jackson for us today so we have several hours of baby-free moving time which is a HUGE help.

Okay, my break time is up. Time to get myself covered in newsprint ink again wrapping glasses and plates.

We have already determined that next time we move, we're hiring people. This iz t3h su><0r!

2 Responses:

Coupon Chris said...

Yeah, it totally sucks. We only moved from the basement to the first floor of the same building and that was bad enough. I would come help you if I wasn't dying of pnuemonia or super monkey virus.

mindful mama said...

I hear ya...moving DOES suck. We moved when our 1st baby was only 3 1/2 months old and I had bronchitis at the time. Hubby was also sick...and in a cruel twist of fate, my sister decided to visit from New York AND a friend from college flew in from Boston the weekend we had to be out of our apartment. We lived on the 3rd floor apartment with NO elevator and refused to get movers cuz we are too cheap and stubborn to do it on our own. Never again! Good thing we sold our couch, chairs, & kitchen table on Craigslist beforehand. Otherwise we would have had to get it down 3 flights of stairs. Moving does suck. I hope you get moved in quickly. Then comes unpacking...not as evil as moving, but at least somewhat fun cuz you get to start out on a clean slate and make the place your own. Happy moving!!!