Saturday, April 28, 2007

The move? She is complete.

I am never doing this ish again. That king sized pillowtop mattress that I was longing for? I hate it now. Carrying it (it has no handles) down a flight of stairs, into a truck, out of the truck, up the stairs, around the turn in the stairs, and into the bedroom was a PITA.

All our stuff is here except Tyson the Dyson (yes, I named my beloved vacuum). He's at the old place so I can give it one final once over and then we're done. Our garage is full of boxes (what's the point of having a garage if you can't park in it?) and that blows but we're done. Our stuff is here. Now, to unpack...

4 Responses:

Coupon Chris said...

Yay!!! At least that part is over. The unpacking will come, but living out of 2 places is just awful.

I am excited to see the new place and excited that you are closer to me. It is hard when all of your friends live over an hour away. Now I have one that lives 30 min away.

Oh yeah, and a garage is for parking cars??? I thought it was for shelves of canned goods and cereal. Silly me!

The Mama said...

How nice to be done!!! The last time we moved I was pregnant and Gracie was only 16 months old. We hired movers and after that experience I swore that we would never move ourselves again. Movers were totally worth the $$ which really didn't end up being that much more than renting a truck ourselves. We used a small local company and they did a great job.

I want pictures now babe!! At least pictures of the outside! I understand if you want to set up the inside first, but let's see the curb view!

Sparx said...

Coming in as an outsider... found you via your haiku... I hate moving so sympathise... can't type more, still weeing with laughter over your Cornhole post...

Unknown said...

Yeah, the move is over. Let the unpacking begin. :-) I can't wait to see pictures of the new place.