Tuesday, April 24, 2007

What is Cornhole?

So I popped in online really quick tonight to read email. We may have found a new milk donor mama in DeKalb, home of Coupon Chris, about 20 minutes away. Very exciting stuff as our main donor mama just hasn't been able to keep up with the Moose's consumption and I am loathe to supplement with formula.

Anyway, you know how Google puts those ads up on the right side of their pages? Well I was viewing an ad for Vera Bradley's Purseapalooza Outlet Sale next month (this may or may not require a road trip, I'm considering it) and to the right I see an ad for "cornholeoutlet.com". Now I have to look. I mean, wouldn't you? Back in the day, I watched hours of Beavis and Butthead with my then and now bestest friend ever Crystal, and her then boyfriend now husband of eleven years, Joey. So I see "Cornhole Outlet" and all I can think is "I am the Great Cornholio! I need TP for my bunghole!" I was hoping that my idea of "cornhole" and Cornhole Outlet's idea of "cornhole" was VERY different.

After reviewing Cornhole Outlet's offerings, it appears to be some kind of bean bag toss game referred to as "Cornhole". However, please read the following excerpt from their "What is Cornhole" page and try not to laugh:

"WHAT IS CORNHOLE? Although it has been called many things ... for those who have grown up with the game, and avid newcomers alike, the game is passionately referred to as Cornhole. The origins of Cornhole are largely unknown. Some historians claim that the game was born in 14th century Germany and reinvented somewhere in the Cincinnati Tri-state area perhaps as long as 100 years ago. Although Cornhole enthusiasts can be heard to argue a number of theories, often based upon which side of the Ohio River they call home, one thing all can agree on is that the game is great fun for all ages and can be played anywhere! ... The game is generally played tournament style with an individual or team being named the cornhole champion at the end of the tournament. " (Yes, an individual or TEAM is crowned Cornhole Champion. I am dying laughing too.)

We're laughing so hard we're crying. Maybe we're just overtired and punchy, but this is HY-STERICAL to us! The best part of cornholeoutlet.com is their tagline: "don't plan a party without yours!"

Hubster just hooked up the stereo and surround sound in the new house, and he's testing it out. As if on cue, the song "Da Butt", just came on. OMGROTFLMAO!

0 Responses: