Thursday, April 26, 2007

Love Thursday

I will be honest. It would be easier for me to come up with a list of things I abhor right now, but it's Love Thursday, not Bitch and Moan Friday so I am going to try to look on the bright side of life.

Today I love:

My fantabulous husband. He is really awesome. This week he's let me just pack boxes and he has done all the lifting and hauling for me to spare my back and knees. He is an amazing Daddy and is so devoted to his family. He also puts up with my crap when I am very crabby and tired (which has been all week) and had fish for breakfast the other day because that's what I wanted. And even though he sometimes mocks my tree hugging hippie crap, he has been fully on board with my recent changes involving abolishing paper towels for actual wash rags to be laundered and reused and switching out every light bulb in the new house from incandescent to CFL's. The CFL thing goes against his frugal nature, as spending $5 for a light bulb makes him cringe. (Yes, I have explained to him how it works out better on energy and lasts longer so it's less expensive in the long run. $80 at Home Depot for 15 light bulbs was still a hard pill for him to swallow). But he does it because it makes me happy. He will do almost anything to make me happy, I am a very lucky girl.

My BED. While in transition, if we crashed out at the new house we've been sleeping on air mattresses. I will be all too happy to get our real bed moved over and spend that glorious first night snuggled up on my 1200 thread count Egyptian Cotton sheets that are on my super cushy pillowtop king sized bed. This will be better than air mattresses, by far and I'm REALLY looking forward to it.

Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffees. In the land of caffeinated beverages, this has become a fast favorite. It's icy, cold, comes in many different flavors. Make mine a large, half chocolate coffee, half caramel coffee, skim milk and 3 Splendas. YUM! This is seriously better than Fourbucks any day, and is on special through the end of April for $1.69 for a large. So it's less than four bucks for TWO, instead of $4 for ONE. Actually, with tax 2 of them are $3.43 where I live. Is it sad that I already have my change counted out for later?

My friends. Coupon Chris is dying of the Black Plague, but yet still she insists on being called upon for moving help. Now THAT'S a devoted friend. :) However, I insist that she keeps the Black Plague to her damn self and not get me of compromised diabetes-related immune system sick, or my baby for that matter. But she's an awesome friend that I've known for over half my life. Friends like that are treasures.

Hey, look! Now I'm in a better mood after finding some things to love this Thursday. Who'da thunk it? :D

2 Responses:

Coupon Chris said...

First off, I am feeling better and have antibiotics, so as not to spread the plague. I sound like crap, but actually feel pretty okay.

I found CFL's at Big Lots for 0.99/ea. We have switched out most of our lights, except where we have vanity lights. I amy switch them anyway, even if they would look stupid. 12 ft ceilings make changing bulbs a pain, so longer lasting is an additional bonus. You can also get the bulbs for cheaper with rebates on a regular basis.

The Mama said...

Oh my gosh Chris, I am going to big lots right now......hopefully I can fiind some!! We got one for free on Sunday though, Home Depot was giving them away here in our town. James said no one was manning the table and I was like "why didn't you grab like 5 of them!!!" Our bigger issue with the lights is that we need the flood type because we have lots of built in lighting.

Anyway.....love ya Felicia~ thanks for love Thursdy posts, they make me smile!