Monday, April 02, 2007

Inferior Desecrating

One of the fun things of moving into new digs is decorating the new rooms I will have!

I think for the kitchen/dining room which kind of flow together, I am going to go with a tropical/beach theme. White, Ivory, Khaki and Spring Green with maybe some tropical plants and bamboo accents. I'll have Timmy print out some large sized prints of our wedding and honeymoon on the white sandy beaches of St. Thomas to add a little personal flair. It is one of our happiest memories of our life together, so I'd like to incorporate that into our everyday.


For Jackson's room, we are doing a Lodge/Wilderness theme with lots of Moose. I have several stuffed moose toys and found this darling bedroom set that looks like it's made of Lincoln Logs (remember those?). SO cute. It will be Moose-tastic!
It's so adorable. I was inspired by Coupon Chris, who found a stuffed moose toy and got it for Jackson. Then one day I was in Harry & David and saw their stuffed moose and thought..."Hey, I can do a whole bedroom in this!!!" So, Moose Room it will be!




I will keep the kids'/guests full bath upstairs in duckies. I love the duckies, so does Jack. Plus I have all the decorative accessories to go with the theme. Soap dish, duckie towels, all that. So we're sticking with duckies for the upstairs bath.

We're also keeping the master bed/master bath decor, which is burgundy and gold. It will be dated in a few years and I'm already growing sick of it but I figure I should hang on to it, let babies completely destroy it and by the time we're done sharing sleep with our kidlets, I can redecorate.

I have yet to choose a color scheme or theme for the guest room/computer room. Suggestions are welcome, as I am largely undecided!

P.S. It's 11:00 AM and I am still working on my cup of coffee from 8:00 AM. And yes, it is still warm. Not hot, but still warm. Love these cups!

0 Responses: