Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Biore Pore Strips should be called "You Will Wish You Never Saw What Lives In Your Skin"

Have you ever used one of these strips? They're a neat little invention. A little paper strip onto which some gluey substance is adhered. You peel the dried gluey side off of a plastic sheet and slap it onto your nose while your skin is still damp after washing it. Then you let the strip dry until it feels like papier-mache on your nose, and you peel it off. The glue adheres to whatever junk you have in the pores of your skin, and when you peel the strip off all that gunk comes up with the strip.

I don't want to disgust the heck out of you, so I won't post a photo of what my strip looks like after I peel it off. I nearly hurled. What's repulsive is that you KNOW your face was "clean" when you put the strip on, because you just got done washing it. So whatever is on this strip isn't dirt or makeup. It's these insidiously disgusting yellowish wormy globs of repulsiveness stuck onto the glue part of the strip. And you peel it off, and even though you know it's disgusting and will turn your stomach to realize that this crap was LIVING IN YOUR SKIN, you have to examine every square millimeter of the strip. It's fascinating and disgusting all at once.

What is that crap that comes up on the strip, anyways? I want to tell myself it's just dead skin cells and maybe some sebum that ends up getting clogged in my pores but honestly I don't know. Is there junk like this in the pores of my skin all over my body? Because that thought is just nasty. The globs of junk look like little worms on the strip...what if they actually ARE some kind of parasitical creature, like those little mites that live on your eyelashes that nobody likes to think about? *shivers* It gives me the heebie jeebies!

I don't know what the junk in my nose pores is, but as long as I have access to those Biore strips, I will continue to perform weekly exorcisms of my nose pores with them. THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU! Get out of my skin, you disgusting worm shaped globs of nastiness!

1 Responses (Leave a Comment):

The Mama said...

I want a Biore Pore Strip large enough to do my back. I think we would find some pretty neat stuff on that. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!