Monday, July 17, 2006

Donde esta su Padre, mis perras?

Two sets of big, brown eyes are asking me tonight: "Momma, where is Daddy?"

For those of you who have never witnessed Bella and Katie interacting with their Daddy, I'll fill you in. These dogs LOOOOOOOVE Daddy. Nevermind that I take care of them all day, I make sure they have filtered, chilled water to drink. I walk them when they have to tinkle all day long. I buy them toys and treats. I make sure to always have a neverending supply of Greenies and pig ears on hand for them. I sign them up for doggie obedience. I take them to the park a couple times a week, and doggie daycare so they can play with their friends once a week. Day in and day out, I make sure their every need is taken care of. But when Daddy walks through that door around 6:30 pm every day, they're like "Mommy who?" and it's Party Time because Daddy Is Home!!! These dogs LIVE to cuddle, kiss, play with and snuggle their Daddy.

They know that the sun is setting outside, and by all accounts Daddy should be home by now. When I sat down to eat supper by myself, the confused questioning looks began. I got the confused puppy head-tilt with four giant brown pools of sadness penetrating their gaze of depression on me. "Where is Daddy?" they ask me.

They don't understand "Daddy's in Philadelphia because he had to move some servers for the new data center."

They don't understand "Daddy will be home in a few days."

They don't see the perks of "But while he's gone, you get to sleep with Mommy in the big bed!"

They just want their Daddy back.

Come back home, Daddy. Your Girls miss you.

0 Responses: