Thursday, July 20, 2006

Family jewelry

I have the WEIRDEST dogs on the planet. I guess they complement how weird the cats are (see previous blog entitled "I don't get you, Cats." )

My dogs LOVE their collars. I call them their "Necklaces". When we got Katie, her collar was the first thing we bought her, along with a custom engraved tag with her name and phone number on it - you know, just in case. And I slipped it around her neck and told her "There you go! Now you're part of the family!" and she danced a jig around the living room.

Well, the girls' collars had grown a little ratty. They were also dirty with some nasty stank from playing at doggie daycare today. I had to stop at Old Knavery to return some maternity duds I ordered for myself that I got in the wrong size. Old Knavery has a new line of doggie wear. Doggie shirts, collars, leashes and toys. So I picked up some cute new necklaces for the girls while I was there, along with little tags with their initials on them. You know, girls need accessories. Accessories make the outfit after all, and since their necklaces are really all they ever wear...they needed the little fun charms too.

So we got home and I removed their old necklaces. Looks of panic crossed their faces. Necklaces only came off for one reason: BATHTIME. They already had bathtime on Tuesday, they protested. Not bathtime again, Mommy!

I slid their old ID's off their old collars and put them on the new ones. I added their cute initial charms for a personalized, accessorized girly touch and asked each dog to sit in front of me. They both quickly planted their butts and sat at attention, necks stretched. "Oh yes, Mommy! Put my new family necklace on me!" tails wagged with excitement and anticipation. So I clicked the new collars on each of them.

They're such dorks. They took off to the living room, circling each other, admiring each other's new gear. Now they're prancing around the house, doing the Pretty Pretty Princess Walk, showing off their new stuff with a sassy strut.

The moral of the story: All girls love jewelry. Including my dogs. They truly are their Mother's daughters! LOL :D

0 Responses: