Tuesday, July 04, 2006

My Dogs' Utopian Day



Hubby and I spent the morning sleeping in gloriously late. So did Bella and Katie.

After a late arising, I fixed a breakfast of french toast with blueberries for the people, while the pups feasted on organic, human-grade kibble. (Mmm, kibble.)

After breakfast, we all sat in the living room and watched Mind of Mencia on Tivo (have you seen this show? It's so incredibly rude, and yet hilarious at the same time. I die laughing.)

I suggested we take the Girls to the D-O-G P-A-R-K (the day the dogs learn how to spell, we're in serious trouble!) to run off some of their energy so they can chillax tonight during fireworks. We load 135 pounds of dogs in the back of the Jeep, grab a gallon of fresh water and away we go...

There are about 10 dogs already there with their people, and - the girls' favorite! - several kids there too. Bella and Katie are in HEAVEN, for all they know. They run and play and jump and take long, lazy sips of water from the communal water bowl. There are terriers and a bischon and some boxers. A lab and a newfie pup frolic in the fenced in giant dog play area. The girls play chase and fetch and give up the belly for the kids. An hour later, we head home.

As I type, Katie is zonked out on the sofa to my left and Bella is passed out at my feet. It's so much fun to see their huge, puppy grins at the park and to know you brought them that joy.

It makes me think how much greater it will be when we're showing The Baby all the fun, new things the world has to offer. I can't wait. I can't wait for that little baby nose and those tiny baby toes and that itty bitty baby butt to be all mine. I can't wait to bring my baby to the park and push the baby on the swing and see a smile bloom from ear to ear on that sweet baby face.


0 Responses: