Friday, July 21, 2006

I see you baby, shakin' that ass and I question your taste in music

My son likes to boogie. He gets down and gets funky, quite often, usually to any song with a heavy drum beat or bass line. It's cool when he likes the same songs I like. It's weird when he likes songs that I think suck monkey nuts.

For instance, he loves Rihanna's "S.O.S." You know, the tune peppered with a sample of Tainted Love? Baby Jackson digs on that. He also gets funky with Big Boi and Andre 3000. He likes "Hey Ya" and "I Like The Way You Move". He's also a fan of Daddy Yankee's "Gasolina". I tell him it's about how expensive gas is nowadays. He doesn't need to know at the tender age of negative 2 1/2 months. All these songs, I'm also a fan of, so it's fun to dance with my son when we hear them.

But Jackson also likes the Goo Goo Dolls. I mean, I think the Goo Goo Dolls are OK. Their name is weird. Reminds me of Goo Goo Clusters and Barbie Dolls, but whatever. Jackson doesn't just like ONE song by the Goo Goo Dolls, either. Any Goo Goo Dolls songs come on the radio, he dances. He also got down and got funky to Avril Lavigne's "Complicated". Um, WHAT? Here's the ultimate head scratcher - Red Hot Chili Peppers' Dani California. I hate that song. It's stupid, it makes no sense, it's not that good. But that stupid song comes on the radio, and my son gets down with his bad self. Have I taught you nothing, my child? Have you no standards whatsoever?!?!

Baby needs to start liking some John Mayer, James Brown, Madonna and Prince. Because Mom's just not having this Avril Lavigne and RHCP tomfoolery.

0 Responses: