Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Being the Change

I see you lookin' at me
Like I'm some kind of freak
Get up out of your seat
Why don't you do somethin'?
-- B. Spears

Are you sick of keeping the status quo? Tired of, like John Mayer so eloquently put it, "waiting on the world to change?"

Well, Darlings - so am I. And so I signed up to do something. I am officially volunteering for the Obama campaign. Illinois now has a Republicans For Obama organization, and I'm in it. I actually submitted to LEAD it. I'm kind of excited. I am sick to death of casting my vote and hoping others do the same. I am shocked and appalled that more people vote for American Idol than vote for our President!!!

It is time.

It is time for a change, and I for one believe that Mahatma Ghandi had it right. "You must BE the change you wish to see in the world."

It's time for me to be the change.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't think that Barack Obama is perfect. However, his major issues are my major issues and we share the same viewpoint. Yes, he's fresh to Washington and I welcome that like a breath of fresh air. Give me someone who has not been mired in the political corruption for so long that their character is dead.

I'm sick of waiting. I'm ready to start doing. I urge you to do the same. Even if you support Giuliani or Edwards or Huckabee or Romney or God forbid Clinton Episode II, Attack of the Clones. Here's a list of all the people you can pick from. Find one whose beliefs resonate with your own, and then get behind them! Years of complacency have saddled us with this MESS - bad schools, Americans without healthcare, a war with no end in sight, global warming, fractured families and a Godless nation.

If you choose to just sit on your duff and wait and see what unfolds, remember: those who refuse to make their voice heard during an election don't get to complain at the outcome.


1 Responses (Leave a Comment):

The Mama said...

Good for you!!!!

Politics piss me off. I have gotten involved in few causes and it has definiately made me a more aware person and opened my eyes.

I agree about voting, if you don't vote you have totally lost the right to complain!!!