Friday, May 18, 2007

His Mother's Son

I love sour and salty things. I love lemons, olives, and pickles. If I'm eating potato chips, they're salt & vinegar or dill pickle chips.

When I was pregnant, I ate a LOT of pickles. I couldn't get enough pickles. So, it should come as no surprise to see that my child has inherited a great love for a quality dill pickle.



His baby hair is starting to break out into wavy curls, he's inherited Mommy's hair texture. Every day with him is so fun, he grows up a little each day and I love watching his little personality blossom. He is a full time job, he's exhausting and awesome. Being a Mommy is the only job I've ever been really good at. He makes every day an adventure, and I love seeing how exciting, big, fresh and new the world is through his eyes. He loves his puppies, he hates bright sunshine in his face, he despises diaper changes and adores baths.

And he loves pickles. All his pickley pickles.

3 Responses:

mindful mama said...

Yay for pickles! How ironic that I just sat down with my laptop now that the house is quiet for the night and downed 2 pickles, then I read your post! I am the pickle queen!!! And the juice... oh, yum. And then when the pickles are gone, I slice cucumbers and pickle them in the pickle juice. The fun never ends!

Oh yeah -- being a Mommy is the only job I've ever been good at too. And boy have I had many random jobs...

samantha said...

Too cute---I love it!!!

The Mama said...

That is just such a sweet picture!!! He is really too cute Felicia!