Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I'm it! I've been tagged by Sam

"Rules"

After posting these rules, each player proceeds to list 8 relatively random facts/habits about himself/herself. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, leaving them a comment on their blogs to let them know.


1. I really hate talking on the phone. If you ever call me and I don't call you back, please don't take it personally. I just REALLY hate the phone. I used to like the phone. Never as much as my gab-a-lot mother, but it was OK. Ever since getting pregnant, I've had an aversion to telephone conversations. It gets annoying when everybody calls every day to see how you're feeling after you've spent far too long puking your guts out (I had "morning" sickness well into my 2nd tri). Then after the baby came, I found I had neither time nor hands for the phone. So I hate the phone. Except for texting, because that doesn't require talking and I can reply in my own time.

2. I don't have a favorite food. This is odd, because I am a Fat Chick. But that's also WHY I'm a Fat Chick. I love ALL food. There are few foods I hate - one of them is anchovies. They taste hairy.

3. When I turned 30 I vowed that I would never again ever leave the house barefaced, because I was getting old. And I never have since. Even if it was just tinted moisturizer with SPF and lip balm, not a single one of you has ever seen me 100% without makeup. Trust me, this is a good thing for you.

4. I have anxiety disorder. When something stresses me out, I get physically ill and I have trouble breathing. I have fainted from freakouts. I'm so lame.

5. I never had coffee until after my son was born. I still don't care for the aroma or the taste, really. I dress it up with flavored syrups and lots of Silk creamer. It's not about the taste. It's about the lack of sleep and therapeutic caffeine.

6. Dora the Explorer annoys the puppy piss out of me. Yes, I know my child is part Latino. No, I don't think that means he should have to try to figure out what her Spanglish is.

7. I get just the tiniest bit happy when I get sick and have to go to the doctor, because I think my doctor is the cutest doctor ever. He's so yummy.

8. When my husband goes somewhere just him and the baby, I panic the whole time they're gone because everybody I love most in the world and live for are all in one car and something bad might happen to them. This fear doesn't play nice with #4. Also, I am somewhat upset that my husband doesn't share the same ridiculous fear when I leave with the baby.


I do hereby tag Michelle, Robyn and Suzi, since they are my only other blogger friends who remain untagged.

2 Responses:

samantha said...

I love it---#8---I do the same thing---drive myself nuts!

The Mama said...

It's a mom thing, I could have used both yours and sam's # 8 on my own list......Will we ever grow out of it?