Saturday, May 05, 2007

Jackson has inherited his Mom's love for music.

I am an audiophile. I love music of all kinds. My CD collection ranges from classical to R&B, some Metal, some Rap, some Pop, some Funk, some Soul, you name it.

I Tivo'd this great concert in HD on the MTVHD channel. It was filmed in IMAX so you get the whole surround sound concert experience. It opened with Sting performing "Desert Rose", then George Clinton with his Parliament Funkadelic and Mary J. Blige did "One Nation Under a Groove" and "Atomic Dog". Kid Rock brought it with "Bawitdaba", Sheryl Crow did a very lame acoustic set, Roots performed with B.B. King, Macy Gray did "I Can't Wait to Meetchu", Carlos Santana and Rob Thomas did "Smooth", and Al Green sang "Take Me To the River" with Dave Matthews Band. The whole concert was filmed at Chicago's Soldier Field. There might be more to the show, but we're watching the Reverend Al and I'm not fast forwarding to find out. I LOVE Al Green.

Jack has been bouncing and grooving throughout (except for the Sheryl Crow song). If there is one legacy I can leave to my child, it will be my great love for all kinds of music. It makes me smile.

0 Responses: