Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Dogs can lock sliding glass doors

Yes, yes they can. I went out and got a small plastic splash pool for Jackson and I today then we came home and set it up. After putting some water in it, we went upstairs to change into swimsuits and to sunscreen up.

We were outside splish-splashing and the dogs were going crazy with splash envy. Katie jumped up on the sliding glass door against the handle and managed to flip the lock latch closed. So Jackson and I were locked out of the house with nothing but two towels and a tube of sunscreen.

I was so panicked that I didn't even have time to be MAD. The kid down the street showed me how to break and enter into my own home by disassembling the screen on an unlocked window.

Note to self: lock windows each night. That kid knows how to break in.

1 Responses (Leave a Comment):

The Mama said...

I'm sorry to laugh at your pain, but I was practically crying reading that!!! Too funny, especially about the neighbor kid. He should start a business helping people break into their own homes!!