Saturday, May 05, 2007

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night!

Ah, blessed Saturday night. Last month, I reached a point of utter exhaustion and Mommy burnout. Six and a half months of being up all night had worn me down to the point that I couldn't take it any more. We agreed that during the week, I would continue to manage all the nighttime parenting so Tim could be fresh for work the next day but I would get Saturday nights off. One night a week, I can go to bed and sleep all night, baby-free.

I opened up a bottle of merlot with dinner. None for hubby, all for me. Parents who co-sleep are wise to not drink. I'll be crashing my drunk ass out in the guest room. :)

I think I'll take the rest of this bottle of wine with me to a nice bubble bath. And then beddy bye I go...

I'm so lame. I used to look forward to Saturday nights to go out clubbing and have a good time. Now I look forward to Saturday nights so I can sleep. I feel so old!

1 Responses (Leave a Comment):

mindful mama said...

Sounds wonderful...but yeah I hear ya. I feel so old too that by the time the kiddies finally go to bed, all I want to do is be alone until I collapse from exhaustion until one or both of them wake up in the middle of the night. Interestingly, my hubby is goes out every Saturday and I don't see him 'til Sunday... as I put 2 cranky, whiny babies to bed by myself (after doing so every night of the week). So yeah I know exactly what you mean by the "I can't take it anymore" stuff. Dads can so easily still go out and hang with the guys or whatever. Moms...not so much. I like your one night off a week idea. If I could get even like one night off a month I'd be a lot easier person to live with. :) Hope you had a super relaxing, stress-free night.