Friday, May 04, 2007

Miracles never cease.

Those in my inner-inner posse are the only ones who will understand what this post is about.

For weeks now I have worried and fretted about the whereabouts of my loved one. I didn't know where they were, they weren't able to tell me either. Today is that person's birthday, and all week long I have been dreading this day because I knew I would feel their absence so acutely it would sting.

I woke up in the worst of moods after a fitful night's sleep. I went through the motions of waking up and starting my day in a zombie-like state, telling myself if I could just get through this day tomorrow would be better.

Then the phone rang. It was them. My heart caught in my throat as I answered the phone.

They are okay.

I can have a good day now, at least I know they're alive. Not knowing what was happening, or where they were or if they were all right was a special kind of hell on earth that I would never wish on anyone.

Thank you, God, for taking care of that person despite some of their poor choices and a far from ideal situation.

1 Responses (Leave a Comment):

The Mama said...

I'm so glad things are ok, that kind of stress is horrible.